Wednesday, July 05, 2006

27th - 30th June fishing break

Having arrived at the river on the 27th I was alarmed to find construction work going on right opposite where I set up camp. Hymac and pumps were there to investigate a leaking sewer! This pipe had been leaking for years. Both I and my friends had commented on it many times although we didn't know it was a rising main that was leaking every time the pump house started up down river. Anyway the noise during the day made it almost impoosible for me to get any sleep. Fortuneately the pumps were turned off at night so I don't think it particularly effected the fishing.



I fished for 4 nights and caught 2 sewin, 1.5 Ib and 2 Ib. One on a mouse down in the cattle drink and one in the head of the car park pool on a black and silver tube fly.

Cruel pool was absolutely full with fish whilst there were one or two fish showing in other places. Worming in the pools was difficult because of lack of flow and an abundance of green slime that got attached to your line on nearly every cast. A good flood now would be very welcome.

Cerith and I enjoyed the smaller sewin for breakfast, cooked on the river bank of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others