Thursday, December 07, 2006

Out of season activities and other nonsense!



Now that I am off work and walking a lot I have put together a few pictures from my favourite walks. I also get a bit lonely like this chap above!



Trimpley reservoir and Eyemore Wood is my favourite walk - there's so much to see and it's only a 10 minute drive away!





Severn Valley railway near Trimpley reservoir - a good place to get killed by a steam train!


The tree colours are absolutely stunning at the moment. The walk takes me through the woods, over the railway line and then around 2 reservoirs. It is very quiet and I am almost guaranteed to see 3 or 4 herons, often within 10 metres or so and grebes, coots, loads of mallards and the odd buzard! It's about 2 miles in total but I can easily extend it to 4 miles if I wish.



My heron friend who I see every time without fail stood on his rubber ring?





The Bell at Skenfrith where Gilda and I took a short break prior to my operation. Expensive but highly recommended with lovely walks, fantastic cuisine and very comfortable bedrooms plus fishing on the River Monnow!




And yes I was here! Not my kind of music but the show was amazing! Good old Robbie!





RW in concert Milton Keynes - spelt K E Y N E S just to show my age! Get it?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others