Sunday, May 04, 2014

The river has changed again this year!


Hi all, I spent 3 nights on the river last week and really enjoyed myself. The weather was lovely and the temperatures held up quite well. I got a 2lb sewin and I saw a couple of fish move but that was all. I didn't really expect to get anything so the fish I got was a bonus. I saw only 2 anglers on the river! One of them evaded me by shooting off quickly as i approached Crewel Pool and the other was Andrew from Merthyr. He said that he'd had a 9lb sewin on the Llandeilo water a couple of weeks ago.

I took a few pictures so that you could see what the river is like now. The big changes are down the bottom, especially my pool and below it too.


The concrete dump remains!



Looking upstream to Crewel Pool


A tree stuck just above the Cattle Drink on the lower beat



More concrete dumping!


What seems like a potential new pool for us just below Andy's Pool


The new pool?


Andy's Pool - better or worse than before? The jury's out on that one!



5 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew
    well done on the 2 pounder. the river is looking good. I can wait till I can get down for my first trip of the season. Got to try the flies I tied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you on the river sometime this season nick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for photos - looks like the bottom has changed quite a bit. Could do with a good flood now to flush out the trees.

    I've been in touch with the guy at the NRW looking after the rubbish removal and he is going to chase the farmer this week as it was agreed the rubbish would be removed after 15 April and spawning. I requested this now be done ASAP before the main fishing starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the photos - interesting below 'Andys Pool'. It looked last season that it might change to a possible new pool. Will have to give it a good go this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its definitely a new pool but probably just a 10 minute job if you know what I mean? Hope you are feeling better Tim? I think we should all try to meet up on the river one night this season if we can. Anyway tight lines to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others