Monday, March 10, 2008

The 2008 Season is nearly here!

Well it's been a long wait but the new season is nearly upon us and I can't wait to wet that fly in the water as I am sure many of you can't!

I am pleased that Rod is feeling alot better now! There will be no holding us back this season what with me being bionic and him having had his pipes straightened!

Rod and I are going to spend a few days salmon fishing on the River Torridge again this year. We are fishing from 5th April through to the 8th at the Half Moon Inn and we are both looking forward to it.



The master at work on Beam Weir Pool - the place where Rod caught 2 fresh run salmon in April 2006 and I lost 1 fish - just my luck!

I am pleased that there are new owners at the HMI and hope that they can return the pub back to it's former glory. It was always one of my favourite haunts when Charles and Benji ran it, along with Muriel, Phil and many many more characters! The fishing can be exceptional but it all depends on the water. One thing for certain though is that the area is one of the most beautiful places I know of especially in Spring.



Looking downstream from Beam Weir Pool towards Sunken Tree Pool

I didn't see it myself but Rod tells me that Johnny of 'Johnny's New Kingdom', whose wildlife series is currently running on BBC TV at the moment, was filming otters at Beam weir, in the last programme. Beam is one of the best HMI beats on the river I would say!

I trust that you have all sent off for your Llangadog Angling Limited's permits? If you haven't then you had better pull your finger out before they are all snapped up! John and I have offered to build a couple of fisherman's bench's, one above and one below Crewil Pool. Haven't heard back yet as to whether than want us to!

Rod is threatening to buy a Sage Z Axis rod like mine but hasn't got round to ordering it yet from the States! I'm off to Cardiff on Saturday to buy a new pair of waders from Gary Evans Fishing tackle shop while Gilda goes shopping in the City (I bet my bill will be cheaper than hers though!)

Lets hope that Rod and I get a salmon each on the Torridge this year! It would be a great start to the season!



A couple of hard fighting spring salmon like this one will do - PLEASE!


Tightlines for the 2008 season everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others