Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Well done Rod - a lovely 9lb fresh run sewin!

Rodney Byles called me yesterday to inform me that he had caught his first fish of this season! Yes, a 9lb sewin! Well done Rod!

Like most of us Rod has had little opportunity this season to get some concentrated quality fishing on the Towy! The river has been up and down like a yo yo! Living 150 miles away from the river he can only get down fishing every now and then and hitting it right is more luck than judgement! At last he has been lucky and well deserved too!

The fish was hooked on a toby whilst spinning! Not ideal for Rod as he is a fly fishing purist similar to myself but under the circumstances this season I would imagine that he is quietly relieved!




As I am fishing GG on Friday then I just hope that the river holds up till then!

Tight lines!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Congratulations to Rod - well done that man. I've had nowt the last 3 times I've been down (unless you count a small brownie). Good luck for GG next week!!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others