Monday, July 04, 2011

My first fish of the season!

Fished Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week and got some success on Friday night. Caught 3 fish - 1lb, 2lb and 6lb. All were fresh run and fought well. The river height was just about perfect and the air temperature was not too bad at about 9 degrees unlike the two previous nights when temperatures plunged quite dramatically after dark. I hope that we will get a steady stream of fish from now on and that we get some good sport! Unfortunately John blanked but I am sure his luck will change soon!

3 comments:

  1. Tim Wilkinson12:41 AM

    After I had my first sewin of the season earlier on, things went very quiet and I only saw one more jump.I had a brownie of 1.5lb pre-dawn on a small-ish red,blue and black fly.Other than that,pretty quiet for the time of year I'd say.See you down there again soon.Tim Wilkinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim

    How big was your fish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim Wilkinson4:29 PM

    Hi Andrew

    about 2.5lb not a monster, but it put up a good fight - jumped clear out of the water when I hooked it!

    Looks like night fishing is out again for another week after the rain.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others