Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas everyone!

Well, we are approaching the end of 2013. I am sat in my living room and all I can hear is a storm brewing outside. The rain is lashing down and the wind approaching gale force! For various reasons I didn't spend as much time on the river as I would have liked this season but I still managed a 9 lb and a 3 lb sewn, both on the fly and of course a fox and a Jack Russell! I don't think there were many fish about from what I saw but as I didn't spend much time on the river then maybe my perception was not quite as it really was. I haven't heard any reports from anywhere else so I'm in the dark a bit. So what about the future I wonder? With ever increasing fuel costs I know that I will have to choose my trips more carefully especially as I am now retired. I doubt whether I will be alone in this. Crewel Pool was a disappointment for me and from what I could see was continually hammered by a small number of anglers. I still think that there are better pools on the beat. I must say that Sandy's ladder is a god send and was used quite a few times by me and others over the season. His bench and rod rack seemed to be used frequently as well I think. So what will the 2014 season bring I wonder? Lets just hope and pray that we are all around to enjoy it, fish or no fish! Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year - tight lines!

2 comments:

  1. HI Andrew
    Happy Christmas and a happy new year to you lets hope 2014 season will be better for us all. hope to see you at the AGM in January

    Tight lines NICK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick, Happy Christmas to you and your family and yes lets hope for a better season next year but I suggest you 'don't hold your breath'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others