Sunday, July 28, 2019

Latest fishing report!

I spent Friday night on the river. It was very humid and overcast until about 2.30am when the mist came down and forced me to pack up!

I fished the flats first as soon as the light had faded. A good fish moved in the tail which was promising! I then continued down to the bush, above and below with no offers. Andy's Pool was equally lifeless! I battled my way through the undergrowth from my pool to the bottom pool and fished that down to the tail. 

At about 1.00am I decided to fish the flats once again concentrating in and around the 'hot spot'. At the hot spot I had a good take and felt the weight of a good fish but alas it only stayed on for a few seconds! At this point I had changed my fly to a Rodder's Special, a fly I haven't fished for quite a long time! I carried on down again through the tail and down to the bush and below. Whilst fishing below the bush a good fish moved above me in between the bush and the tail of the flats. Then the mist came down quite quickly and forced me to pack up! Somehow I feel that if the mist hadn't come I might have had a fish? I wonder?

All in all not a complete right off. There seems to be the odd fish about here and there. The amount of fishing activity seems very very low this season. I haven't seen any other anglers this season other than Dan and Steff and for the past few outings I've seen no-one! One thing that has struck me this season is the amount of small fry about! There are thousands everywhere in the shallows! I wonder why they are not turning in to adult sea trout or brown trout? A mystery!

After quite a few nights fishing this season my tally still stands at 2! Back down in 3 weeks God willing!

2 comments:

  1. hi i also fished the river last week Wednesday and Thursday night both nights was hot and clear. had a brownie of 2lbs second cast. some encouraging news is that i saw more seatrout jump in two nights than i have seen in 5 or 6 years. most of them before 9.45pm as i was waiting to start and i heard some big fish jump in crewil pool from nicks spot. i did see 3 other anglers over to two nights all fishing crewil pool i am hoping to be back down on the 21st august for 3 more nights

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Andrew we should have gone this week. the river came up about 1ft hope it will bring some fresh fish up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others