Saturday, April 17, 2021

First visit of the 2021 Season!

On Monday 12th April I was able to travel legally to Wales because of easing of Pandemic Restrictions! I picked up my caravan from the Little Haven Retreat and took it to the Towy Valley Caravan Park at Half Way, Carmarthenshire right beside the River Towy!

We have had a hard winter in my view with regular frosts and the frosts are still with us so I wasn't very hopeful of getting any fishing in. Tuesday night went cold quickly but Wednesday seemed a bit more hopeful.

On Wednesday night I was sitting on the log waiting for the shadows to lengthen when a nice fish jumped virtually in front of me! Promising? I fished all the way down the flats with a 'fast sinking' polyleader on until I reached the end by which time most of my fingers were about to fall off! I walked back to the car at about 9.45pm and the temperature at the car was 2 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others