Friday, August 13, 2021

Another disappointing nights fishing?

Last night was, for the most part, very windy.  There was a spell around 12.30am to say 1.30am when the wind subsided and casting became a pleasure again! I struggled to find somewhere where I could cast and kept moving from one pool to another in the hope of getting some shelter. It was dark and cloudy most of the time but annoyingly there was a farmer on the hillside the other side of the A40 who was cutting grass I assume and his tractor lights were frequently illuminating the river and casting my shadow across the pools.

Light rain the day before had made the river level lift an inch or two but the water was running clear. In almost 5 hours of fishing I saw 1 fish jump just below the hedge. Amazingly there was another angler on the river for awhile - Lee Graham, the son of John Graham. Lee told me that he had only had 2 fish this season (the same as me).

So - my next trip will be in 2 weeks time, hopefully with Rod so I guess 2 rods will maybe double our chances of catching fuck all?

Tightlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others