Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Some fish running!

I came down on Monday to fish but the river was too coloured. I spent the afternoon fishing and droning in lovely light. I was unable to park at the Pumping Station because of Welsh Water vehicles so I asked Terry who lives in the cottage if I could park on his land and he kindly gave me permission to. We had a long chat and I found out that he is not well.

Yesterday (Tues) the river had cleared so I was hopeful of some sport. I started fishing at about 10.15. The night was still and warm with cloud cover. I met Dan and had a chat with him for awhile before making my way downstream. At about 10.45 I got a solid take in a pool I seldom fish these days. Sadly it didn’t hold! The fish turned on the surface and I could tell it was big! Another one that got away! I carried on fishing various pools without a touch and then at about 1.00am I returned to the pool where I lost the fish. I started fishing and very soon heard and saw another good fish splash at the entrance to the pool. I carried on fishing till 2.00am in the hope of intercepting it on its journey but it didn’t happen! I packed up as the mist came down over the river and got back to the caravan at about 3.00am. It was an enjoyable nights fishing and I was always hopeful of a fish but sadly my luck was not in. Maybe tonight will be my lucky night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others