Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Good news from the Towy!

It seems that the sewin have arrived in Llangadog! My brother-in-law John enticed me down to the river last night and I can report at last that the sewin have arrived, I think so anyway! I arrived on the river at about 11.00 pm and my first time down the pool resulted in a big fish taking my Rodders Special just at the tail. It was not a standard sewin take though, in fact having thought about it it was more like that of a salmon! Fishing a sink tip line the fly swam around to just before half way across the river when I thought I had touched bottom. I tightened and the fish moved off down stream. I felt the weight of it. It was big, possibly double figures. Then the fly came free! F...... B.....d! Ah well that's fishing!

At about 1.00 am John got into a nice fish up above me but that came off as well! At least there are fish here we both thought! Both of us connected into another fish each before the close of play, both came off! Very encouraging but disappointing if you know what I mean!

It was a classic night. Mild, good flow of crystal clear water, settled weather with a half moon! Strangely though we didn't see any fish move. I have to say that this nights experience is a good sign for early June and I just hope that we get a steady run of fish now into the pools for a month or two so that we can have some good sport with these elusive visitors!

My next visit is on Friday next so lets hope I have an even more positive report to post on my blog! I can't wait - the drug is taking hold of me again!

Tight lines everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others