Saturday, June 03, 2006

Latest


Fished all night Friday 2nd June without the slightest pull. Absolutely perfect water, a few inches above normal and a really nice flow through the pools filled me full of anticipation when I arrived on the water at about 9.00 pm. The day had been warm but would the tempertures plummet once nightfall arrived? At about 10.45 pm when we started fishing conditions were quite good, mild but not very dark but that doesn't bother me personally. As the night progressed the temperature fell to the point that I needed a jumper and coat to be comfortable.

Chris and I fished right through, joined by the 2 Wigan lads (don't know their names) early on but not a touch and more concerning we didn't see any fish during the night hours down the bottom end of the Llangadog beat! Very disappointing!


At dawn I fished the worm up in Cruel pool (spelt incorrectly I know but it's such a bastard to get access to, it really is as its name suggests) until about 8.30 am. I saw 1 silver sewin of about 8 lb + and covered it with the worm a number of times but it wouldn't play ball and then later a smaller fish of about 3 lb. That was it!

Lets hope next Friday is better. My brother-in-law John is fishing Tuesday night this week and Rodney Byles later on this weekend so we will have to wait to see if any fish materialise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others