Friday, June 15, 2007

3 nights on the Torridge


A solid and fresh Torridge seatrout with a lovely brown trout


Had some fun on the River Torridge this week. I have been working at Paignton where the CIWM show was so I thought I might as well take advantage of the fact that I'm in Devon and do some fishing in the evening! The weather has been OK up around Sheepwash but wet down at the show on Wednesday and Thursday. Anyway, I fished Brightley on Tuesday night and took a lovely fresh seatrout that weighed 2lb and fought like a salmon! Then on Wednesday I fished Madiera and blanked! Didn't see a thing. Thursday I fished Junction, Charles Inness's water and had some fun. I lost a good fish of about 3lb and killed a 2lb seatrout, fresh as a daisy and a 1.5lb brown trout. I also saw a good fish move in the junction pool. All were taken in day light on a size 10 stoats tail double and 10lb leader, 9 ft long! Good fun!
The Half Moon Inn is up for sale, Hotel only for £990,000! Lets hope we get a dedicated angler or anglers to buy it and build it back up to its former glory, although I can't see anyone buying the hotel without the fishing can you? Without the fishing the hotel will be nothing in my view!


This size of sea trout are the best to eat

So far this season I have taken:-

1 sewin - 2lb

2 sea trout - 1.5lb - 2lb

1 brown trout - 1.5lb

And lost:-

1 double figure sewin!

Tight lines everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:37 PM

    £990,000. Surely you can afford to buy the Half Moon Inn. I'll run it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you are anonymous how could I possibly allow you to?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others