Sunday, June 03, 2007

Is this years season underway at last?

What a perfect night?
Arrived on the river about 9.00 pm. The sky was overcast and it was very warm. As darkness fell I expected to see a fish or two move but nothing! I had company, 3 guys in fact! Nevermind, I was here first so I was going down the pool first! Everything looked perfect. The water was clear as crystal, the air muggy and the sky dark! Perfect! But where are the fish? By the 2nd June they should be here! There are reports of fish lower down but have they got this far yet?
3/4 the way down the pool a nice fish took me and cascaded down the pool back to sea! Not a big fish, 2lb or so but a solid bar of silver. At last I have opened my account for 2007!





Later on I lost a bigger fish halfway down the same pool and my partners in crime each lost fish during the night. The one guy got his prize however! A cracking 6lb sewin, rock hard and silver. What a fish? I am convinced that these fish were running!

6lb bar of silver

(crap picture though!)

Lets hope that this is the start of a productive season. We shall see!

Get down there lads and get your prize! Let battle commence. Come on Boyo's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others