Sunday, September 22, 2019

Saturday night was mild and calm and it almost paid off?

I started fishing at about 8pm just as it was beginning to get dark! Immediately I saw and heard a good fish move in front of me! Full of anticipation I cast a line to where it showed but nothing. I continued on down the pool but had no offers! The evening was warm with a hint of rain. Time for a cup of tea! After some re sustenance I started again aiming for the place where the fish showed. I went past the place where I thought the fish was lying and then suddenly I had the take! It was solid and strong! A fish I guess of at least 8lb maybe more! The fish ran a number of times stripping line off the reel. I could not stop it - my rod was holding the fish but was bent almost double! Then the fish started swimming upstream on the far bank to a point opposite where I was wading. I was in solid contact. I let the fish run when it wanted to but kept a good tension on it. It seemed well and truly hooked at this point about 3 minutes into the fight but no! The hook let go and I stood there in disbelief!

2 comments:

  1. That's long range catch and release. I've had some of those frustrating incidents this season and not actually had one on the bank so my sewin catch return for the season is zero. This is first blank in the 33 years I've been fishing Llangadog water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably one of my worst seasons too! My problem is that I land a double figure sea trout early in the season and then hook and play a really good fish near the end of the season! In between was pretty much sole distroying except for the 3 other fish I landed! The fish I hooked Saturday night was an amazing fight and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Funny old game!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others