Monday, September 02, 2019

4 nights on the river - 2 sea trout!

I went down last Wednesday and fished Wednesday night alone and then Thursday, Friday and Saturday with Rod!

Wednesday night ended abruptly at about 11.00 pm with thick fog or mist! I just about found my way back to the car it was so bad!

Thursday night wasn't too bad but a bit blustery. I hooked and landed a 5lb sea trout which, after I had removed the hook whilst still in the water, shot off like a rocket! I think Rod had a few pulls and lost a fish too!

Friday night was windy but I managed a small sea trout of about 1lb or so! Again I think Rod had a pull or two.

Saturday night was calm but went very cold quite quickly after dark! No offers!

My tally for this season so far is 4 sea trout!

4 comments:

  1. well done on your two sea trout are you back down before end of the season

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week depending on the weather and water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am down on the 2nd OCT for 3 nights going after the salmon this time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may be down then too depending on the water and weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others