Saturday, June 23, 2007

Water coloured and up about 100mm

Went down to the river yesterday evening knowing that the water was coloured but thought it could be worth a go with the worm or even the fly in daylight hours!

Fished the top end of Crewel with the worm but failed to get any knocks. What a great place for worming now that the tree stump is there? The stump has created a lovely run that you can fish progressively for a good 25 - 30 m. You could even fly fish it too! Anyway, I saw 2 or 3 good fish move in the pool, 1 small fish kept jumping by the log stump and interestingly 2 or 3 good fish jumped about 100m above the pool on the far bank in their usual places. I will definitely try for these this next week while on holiday! I fished until about 9.00pm and then went back to the car at the car park to change the worming rod for the fly rod and got chased by the bullocks which raised my heart beat substantially as I hurled myself over the style! Sometimes I think I may be too old for being chased around fields by young jumped up bullocks! Load of 'bullocks' really isn't it!

So not much to report. I am on leave now for 2 weeks so I am hoping that the river clears up and that the weather settles so that I can get some night fishing in before I go back to work on the 9th July.

Tight lines.

I then fished the Car Park pool with various flies until about 11.00 pm but with no success. I didn't see any fish at all up the top of the beat!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Gadget man stikes it rich!!
    4 small sewin above the bridge at Llangadog. Two on the spinner & two on the fly in the day & one really good sewin lost on the fly.
    A really good day with loads of pulls until the brook coloured the pool I was fishing.
    ome up keep up Kingfisher !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Gadget Man! When was this. Just spotted comment! Any fish since? I have been on holiday for last week in Sardinia but hope to go down Wednesday 11th July.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others