Friday, August 18, 2006

Good fish lost! - Thursday 17th August 2006

The dam release water is tailing off now, however, rain is threatened so the water level might go back up soon. Cerith fished the worm down the bottom of the beat and reported hooking a good fish but unfortunately it got off. Last time I spoke to John he was in Cruel Pool fishing the worm but I have not had any reports back from him as yet!

Its now Friday am and Cerith reakons its chucking it down on the river so it will be interesting to see what effect the rain has. My plan is to get a few hours in this evening hopefully with the fly but if the water is coloured then it will have to be the spinner. Chris is also coming down so I will be able to have a go with his new wand!

There are some good fishy pictures that have been posted recently on the Towy Forum - click the top link of 2 adjacent to this page and Rivers Reports/Tywi Report/Page 85. Brilliant photography!

I need some luck now having had a poor season. A salmon would be a big bonus but unlikely to happen but still never say never! I will update this blog sometime on Saturday as I prepare for a birthday surprise! Something is going on but I'm not quite sure what! 55 on Sunday and still battling on!

See, I can catch fish!

Tightlines

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:42 PM

    Looks like a nice day on the Towy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others