Tuesday, September 26, 2006

23rd September 2006 - a day out on the Towy!






What a gorgeous day it was!

John very kindly offered to take me down to the river just for a break and a nice day out. We left home a 6.30 am and got down to Llangadog bridge by 8.30 am. We didn't expect to catch anything it was just a case of being there and enjoying it! The water was low but it was a sunny day, quite breezy but very pleasant!



Guess what, I had 3 visitors. Firstly Chris (Gadget Man) called in to see me which was nice and we had a bit of a laugh. Then Cerith and his girlfriend (forgive me Cerith I can't pronounce her name) but she was very nice and the 2 of them look a good combination. Cerith I hope things work out for you both! Thanks all of you for calling in to see me I really appreciated it.

John as ever was determined to catch and went on to catch about 10 or more small trout, I caught a couple but I wasn't there for that reason. The river looked lovely with its autumn colours starting to show and the red kites were enjoying the day as much as I was.


The best brother-in-law anyone could wish for - although he did try to kill me on the way back home!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Roll on next season -we'll all get a 10lb+ sewin each !!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets hope so Chris! All that is needed really are some regular floods, a run of fish and a bit of luck! Thats not much to ask for is it? Thanks for playing the game! Why don't you register and done with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Andrew,

    For future referance her name is Gwenan. Next time you are down we shall all meet uo for a drink.

    Its been a poor season for myself (fishing wise), but all in all i think that i have had a perfect catch in Gwenan.

    Tight lines, see you soon.

    Cerith.

    PS. Chris if you read this, dont spend so much time in the Telegraph Inn, get out on the river.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others