Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tim picks up 2 good sewin!

This is Tim's latest report! An enjoyable weeks fishing and judging by most of us a very productive one! Well done Tim!

'Got there Saturday and the river was high. Tried spinning on the evening but no luck. Sunday evening the river had dropped somewhat and was getting towards clear so I tried a few hours night fly down at the cattle drink. Had one pluck first pass through and that was all. River was too high and probably too coloured in reality.

Monday night the river was in better order, running clear but about 12 inches up. I fished down at the bottom end and had one at 6lb at 10.15pm and another at 4.5lb at 10.45pm. Both of these on a 2 inch silver and black tube. Had another couple on briefly while fishing the jambo but I think that the speed of the current was making the fly move so fast across the surface that the fish were misjudging their attacks and hence they were only very lightly hooked.

Tuesday it rained hard all day and the river shot up. I didn't fish. Wednesday was another day of heavy showers. I tried spinning and even had a go at worming in the evening but again no luck. The river rose another 6-12 inches while I was there. Didn't bother Thursday at all. Tried Friday night on the fly but was being a bit optimistic really as it was the last day of my trip. The river was up 12-18 inches and the colour was the wrong side of clear (it actually got worse during the night and started to cloud up). Needless to say, I didn't do any good.

Overall an enjoyable time spent in Carmarthenshire but the weather gods had not been kind to me at all. It really didn't feel like the first week of August.
Just waiting for it to stop raining now and I'll be trying again.'


Tight lines all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others