Sunday, November 09, 2008

Rodney Byles posts his 2008 report!

'I've been fishing the Llangadog AL water for well over 20 years and this was my worst season for fish caught. As I prefer to fish the fly at night and being a 400 mile round trip for me, conditions need to be reasonably settled. Unfortunately the river has been up and down like a fiddler's elbow this summer and I only managed three nights with the fly and not even a touch. I fished the spinner on a couple of other visits and on the penultimate day of the season on falling water and using Cerith's 12ft rod, I managed a nice fresh 9lb cock sewin on a silver toby. I would have released this fish but spinner well down and bleeding badly after quite a long fight.

Hopefully conditions will be more settled next season to fish the night fly, otherwise it will be a change of tactics to fish the "garden fly" during the day.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others