Friday, July 25, 2014

Difficult fishing conditions?

This week I spent 3 nights on the river with Sandy and latterly John. I managed to get a fish on Tuesday and Wednesday but failed on Thursday! I had a 2 1/2 lb sewin on Tuesday and a 3 lb fish on Wednesday both of which were bars of silver and both were returned! Temperatures were generally high but the water levels extremely low with dam water fluctuations of 3 inches or more for no apparent reason. There were few anglers out but I must admit I enjoyed my fishing, expecting to get a monster at any moment. Daytime temperatures were very high so sleeping in the caravan in the morning was sometimes a little uncomfortable. Sandy failed to connect in Crewel on a number of occasions however he is fishing as I write this post so watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Andrew - I'm going to have a night this week (probably Tuesday night) over at Llangadog. Where did you catch your fish? Crewil or bottom end?

    Ta

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others