Friday, July 08, 2022

Fish about? Yes!

Started fishing at about 10.45 pm last night. Conditions, weather wise were good and there is no troublesome algae however the water flows could be better.

I started on the flats. I fished all the way down to above the hedge. By God has the river changed? From the end of the flats to the bottom pool the river architecture bears no resemblance to previous seasons, well not much!

Early on I saw and heard a few fish moving. One fish in particular caught my eye. A big fish splashed in the tail of the pool below the hedge. Although I was fishing on the flats I saw and heard it very clearly. Then smaller fish showed in various places.

I stopped for a cuppa and then fished down towards where I had seen the big fish. Sadly I had no offers!

After another cuppa and something to eat I considered it time to fish Andy's Pool! Getting there on shore is something else! The bank is completely over grown and totally different to previous seasons. Having battled my way through the amazon rainforest I got to my pool and started fishing. I fished down to where there are 2 new snags but nothing happened. Again I heard a couple of smaller fish jump.

I packed up at 2.00am tired and weary and headed back to my bed.

It's 10.30am on Friday morning as I write this post and the heat is already unbearable! Role on tonight when it will be cooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others