Saturday, July 23, 2022

Still fish about but no success!

On my walk down to the river I noticed something very alarming but I'm not sure what to do about it. There has been a fridge freezer in the middle of the field for quite a long time and it's always annoyed me to think that the farmer couldn't even be bothered to move it to somewhere where the Council could pick it up and dispose of it safely. Well, the farmer has moved it! He's dumped it next to the river ready for the next flood! Arsehole! Any suggestions as to how I can embarrass this twat farmer and get the freezer taken away will be gratefully received.

Anyway, despite being in a rage I fished till 1.00am last night with Dan. Earlier in the afternoon on surveillance I saw a couple of fish jumping regularly. One was massive! On reflection I think the huge one may have been a salmon as I covered it well in the dark and nothing. There were still a number of fish around but still I had no success. Anyway I'm off to Tenby today for a few hours bass fishing and then back on the beat tonight! You will be the first to know if I get lucky!

2 comments:

  1. My suggestion would be to take a photo of its location and then send it to the local Council waste disposal section, the NRW and fellow angler Dave Charlesworth with an explanation of its history and movement. Also send details to our club with a request to contact the farmer to dispose of it through the usual legitimate channels, If no luck send details to the local paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI well done on your first sea trout of the season. i see the river leave is on the up. hopefully it will bring some fresh fish up. i am down on the Monday the 1st August for a night maybe two

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others