Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Latest report from the 'crack' team!

Cerith and Rod are fishing all week and they are kindly reporting back to me conditions and catches so watch this space!

Monday night 30th June

Conditions were good, warm and dry but despite this neither of them caught any fish on the fly! Tim Wilkinson, a new member, appears to be having a lucky streak by catching a small sewin of about 1.5 lb. Cerith caught a couple of sewin up to 2lb on a worm at dawn in Crewel Pool!






Come on lads! This one was caught last night! What are you playing at? It weighed 15lb - 12oz!!!!!! Fish of a life time!

Tuesday night 1st July

Rod fished all night until 4.0 am with no success! Cerith didn't fish but went down to Crewel early Wednesday morning and caught 2 sewin, 1 of 2.5lb and 1 of 3lb.

Wednesday night 2nd July



Rod blanked again despite fishing hard till 4.00 am! Tim Wilkinson, despite being a new member and not knowing the LAL water at all caught a lovely 6 lb 14 oz sewin on a mouse! Well done Tim! I am glad that you are showing Rod how it's done! A picture would be welcome!



Thursday night 3rd July



Well, I could see that Rod and Cerith were struggling, to say the least, so John and I decided to go down and show them how its done! Only one fish was caught and neither Rod, Cerith or John caught it! Yes, Andy came to the rescue again! As a result of a kind invitation from Rod to fish down the pool that he was about to fish but didn't know quite where to wade or what length of line he needed! I agreed to show him! Halfway down the pool I caught a 4 lb sewin that fought like one twice the size! Thanks Rod!





Friday night 4th July

No fish were caught!



IMPORTANT NOTICE


A new marker has been installed just below Crewel Pool.


I have been asked by LAL to remind all anglers that fishing is FLY ONLY below Crewel when the marker is showing. Failure to comply with this rule may result in membership being rescinded!

3 comments:

  1. Rod - the reason I caught and you didn't is purely down to one reason! LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:39 PM

    Hi Andy - thanks for the publicity on my catches last week ;-)
    Sent you pics on mob but not sure whether you have changed your number? Oh and thanks to Rod and Cerith for the good company. I had a good time,especially with the one on the mouse (6lb 14oz - sewin, not mouse!) Cheers Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Andy

    It was a disappointing week as felt very confident and was casting really well with my new Sage and doing nothing different from previous visits. Only had two pulls all week, but enjoyed the break and perhaps the only consolation was that local expert Cerith didn’t have a touch all week with the fly either. He made up for it with the worm though. Yes you are right Andy I was generous to let you go down the pool first. It’s my nature!! But I notice you forgot to mention that you also caught the fish on a fly that I had tied. How many is that now!!!Perhaps if I had gone down first it might have been mine, but then again maybe not.

    It was good to see Tim catch his Sewin of about 7lb on a mouse mid stream. Maybe I had something to do with that as I had just been down the pool three times with my mouse and probably stirred them up a bit for Tim. I’m pretty sure Sewin will follow a mouse for quite a while before deciding to take it or not. I have occasionally seen a bow wave behind mine only for the fish to turn away at the last moment. Quite exciting at times.

    Thursday night turned quite cold after you left and Cerith got a good fire going to keep us warm. With the lower temperature maybe I should have adapted my tactics and gone down deep with a fast sinking line and heavy tube to scrape the bottom and maybe entice a Sewin or two that way. I will try that next time it’s cold. And Friday was a disaster. John and I gave it our best shot but it got very windy and then raining as well making it impossible to hold the rod up let alone cast a decent line. So we packed up about 12.30 and as we waded back across the river we noticed it starting to colour up. Better luck next time I hope.

    Rod

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others