Monday, July 10, 2017

3 nights bring 2 fish and 1 lost!

Spent 3 nights on the river in perfect fishing conditions, warm and still. Lost a good size fish which buried itself in a big clump of weed leaving me with the weed! But I did manage to get a 3lb and a 1.5lb fish both of which were silver and both returned safely. That brings my tally to 4 so far! There are a few fish about now and I saw a couple of big fish jump but didn't want to know my flies. Funnily I met a fellow angler who works for the NRW and when I mentioned to him about the gravel extraction which could ultimately destroy the bottom half of our beat all he could say was 'nobody's got the stomach to do anything about it'! Great - so what does the NRW do? Fuck all it seems to me! Best thing we could all do is to refuse to buy a licence again in my view!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others