Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday 23rd September 2007

With the news of Gadget Man's 5lb sewin on Friday I decided to go down for the day to try my luck!

John and I stayed at the White Hart Inn at Llandeilo and found it to be quite good. We had a good laugh in the bar and a good hearty breakfast in the morning. When we got to the river the water was virtually clear but still a few inches higher than normal. My first few casts in the Car Park Pool resulted in a solid take and at first I thought it was a grilse. The water was fast flowing and the fish went down and stripped line off my reel! Would you believe it when it turned out to be 1.5lb brownie! Incredible! Anyway it was in fine fettle so it ended up in my bag!

We then moved on down to the bottom beat where it was quite blustery and it soon started to drizzle on and off. We both fished hard all day but had no luck! Still it was an enjoyable day and I continue to be amazed at the power of my Sage Z Axis rod! Even in a strong wind I was managing to punch out a good line of 15 m and more!

I am hoping to get one more trip in before the close of play. The 5th, 6th and 7th October look favourite. Hope some of you can join me?

Tight Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others