Sunday, June 28, 2009

Perserverance pays off!


Went fishing Saturday 27th June on a fine, warm night with the river low but clear and with the knowledge that their are plenty of fish about.


Met up with Dylan earlier and decided to fish the cattle drink for a change. Their was the odd fish moving but nothing seemed interested in our flies despite trying every pattern in our boxes! It soon became obvious that we not going to get lucky so Dylan and I walked back to our cars foe a coffee. He decided to quit but I thought I would try my luck at the Car Park Pool. At about 2.45 am I saw a fish move in the tail of the pool. I moved on down quickly and started to cover it. After 3 casts it took very gently, in fact I thought I had snagged on the bottom. It turned out to be a good 7 lb fish, caught on of course a Rodder's Special yet again! Rod - your fly is a revolution and for me has been very successful particularly for the big fish and those that are travelling I think!


Very rewarding!


Tight lines all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others