Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My 100th Post on this BLOG!

Because I had a business appointment in Bridgend today I thought I would pop over to the river and do a spot of fishing!

I got to the river by about 4.00pm. The water level was up about 600mm - 1000mm from normal which was hardly surprising since it hasn't stopped raining now for weeks! I was pleased to see that the colour was what I would call 'cloudy'! It wasn't muddy but had started clearing and you could see a Toby lure quite easily when retrieving near the bank! There wasn't any rubbish floating down either! I would say that the conditions were good for spinning and worming!

I was spinning for about 3 hrs from the Car Park Pool down to below Crewel but with no success! It was windy and rained on and off. I have never seen such sodden fields in all my 20 odd years fishing on the river! Even the cows were struggling up to their knees some times in the field - not the river! Muddy on the river bank? Not half - the worst I have ever seen! I parked my car up the lane halfway between the river and Colin's farm in an effort to avoid the mud which consisted of mud, cow shit and cow piss all nicely mixed together - lovely!

There were no other fishermen to be seen!

Tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others