Sunday, September 07, 2008

Rod sends me his latest 'bleak' report!

Rod says

"Went down the river on Wednesday for a couple of days equipped with worming and spinning gear knowing I wouldn’t be able to use the fly as water up quite a bit. Had to wait about half an hour before I could get out of the car to tackle up Wednesday afternoon as it was p*****g down. Water a good height and nice colour for spinning and tried under the railway bridge and above Crewil using different spinners, but saw nothing.
Went out again Thursday and water up a bit from day before but looked okay for spinning. Tried above and below Crewil with different spinners but saw nothing. Then went down where the cattle cross and then by the tin hut, which I used for shelter during some heavy showers and strong wind. Saw one nice fish 5-6lb move along the opposite bank but couldn’t say if it was a sewin or small salmon. Joined Cerith further down who was fishing the worm and thought he was bound to have a fish as looked ideal for the worm as beginning to colour up and also rising slowly. Cerith saw a couple of fish move in the quieter water on the opposite bank but couldn’t tempt them with spinners. Packed up about 7pm and back to the pub.
Friday was horrendous. Went to Road Bridge and water rising and colouring all the time. P*****g down again and river rose about a foot in the 3 hours I was there and got very coloured.
I left the river about 1 o’clock and a good job too as the other side of Llandovery the rain started to get much heavier and the A40 from Sennybridge to Brecon was horrendous and worst driving conditions I've ever been in. Lots of local flooding and one point I almost stopped on high ground to let the rain stop. However I decided to press on and good job I did as I later learned the A40 was closed between Sennybridge and Brecon. Rain eased a little the further east I went. Despite the bad weather an enjoyable coupler of days. I will try and get down again before the end of the season as need to break my duck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others