Saturday, August 17, 2019

Fishing poor everywhere?

Whilst I was fishing at Tenby on Thursday my sole came off my wading boot (again)! On my way back home I called into Sportfish to get a new pair of waders and boots (could have done without the expense having just forked out £1000 on a new motor mover for the caravan)! Anyway Steve in the shop was telling me that the fishing this year is pretty poor everywhere including Scotland. The Wye is crap too apparantly? The Severn is reasonable so he said. He wasn't optomistic for the future of Sportfish as they can't survive on the handful of people who are tackling up to go off to exotic fishing destinations! Many people seem to have packed up fishing altogether! There was only 2 staff in the shop on a Friday afternoon! I remember when there were loads of staff there.

Fair play to Steve though he said he would send them off to Vision and see if he could get them replaced! Can't remember how long I've had them but probably over 12 months. Interestingly he said that salt water fishing is very bad for wader boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post! Please make sure that your comment is respectful and not offensive to others